About Me

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Disciplanry Actions

At the beginning of the schools year, I will make aware the rules for my classroom. I wil go over them with the students many times. I will also send home a copy to the parents/gardians. They will also be posted on my blog, so there should be no questions to the rules. I will also have a copy of the consequences for disobeying the rules. I will allow the student 6 marks per week. The first mark is basically a warning. When the child gets 4 marks, he/she has to sit out while the other children play that day at P.E. When the 5th mark is given the children have to write a paper about why they acted in that manner, and what they will do to correct their behavior. On the 6th mark the student gets a note sent home to parents in the weekly folder. I do not think it is necessary to send a note home after each mark. I understand parents have bigger problems then children talking in class. Notice I gave the children 6 marks, even though their are only 5 school days a week. I think this gives room for the minor things such as getting out of line and talking. I hope everyone agrees with this method. If you have any suggestions, just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment